Leicester Homeowners Alert! – Avoid These 8 Costly Mistakes!
When it comes to increasing the value of your Leicester home, not all upgrades are created equal! Before you dive into a renovation, consider these 8 common home improvement blunders:
- Removing a Bedroom: This is a big one. Decreasing your bedroom count can slash up to a sixth of your Leicester home’s value! ?
- Converting a Garage: Be very careful what you gain with a room, don’t devalue it by losing a garage. ??
- Media Rooms: They sound glamorous but can be a costly mistake. Few prefer built-in media rooms over practical spaces. ?
- Kitchen Overhauls: Everyone loves a modern kitchen, but personal tastes vary widely. Your brand-new kitchen might end up in a skip and they could reduce what they offer when you come to sell your Leicester home! ?
- Bathroom Makeovers: From the colour to the fixtures, bathrooms are highly personal spaces. Don’t assume your dream bathroom is everyone else’s. ??
- Expensive Wallpaper Choices: Neutral walls are safer than subjective patterns that potential buyers might hate. ?
- Laying New Carpet: Flooring choices are diverse, and your new carpet might not be to everyone’s liking. ?
- Installing Solar Panels: While eco-friendly, the ROI will be disappointing. Think long-term before committing. ??
While we all love to add a personal touch to our homes, remember to think twice if you’re planning to sell in the foreseeable future.
It’s about finding a balance between making your Leicester home a reflection of you and appealing to the broadest audience.
Want expert advice on Leicester property?
Want to know if you should extend or do some work to your Leicester home? Give us a call and we can pop around at no charge for 10 minutes and give you all the facts.